Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 Secret Santa Gift Exchange


I love giving gifts and I love surprises, so Secret Santa exchanges are one of my most favorite things about the holidays. It's so much fun to shop for someone, especially when they don't know who their Secret Santa is.

One of my favorite bloggers, Kym, over at Travel Babbles, organized a Secret Santa exchange for social media lovers, and I'm so glad she did! This has been so much fun and has really helped me to get into the holiday spirit.

So, without further ado....





As soon as I opened my package, I felt like I had been friends forever with my Secret Santa. She wrote me a sweet letter detailing why she had sent me each thing, and everything was spot on! I was blown away by how thoughtful she was, and how she had clearly taken time to shop for things she knew I would love.

I had actually forgotten what I listed as my likes and interests, so I had no idea what to expect when my gift arrived. I obviously indicated how much I loved lemon things, because Penny did a great job of sending me awesome lemon treats. I plan on making the lemon cake for my family for Christmas, and keeping the lemon drops in my desk at work for when a craving for something sweet strikes. I was also really pumped about the Luna bar because 1) I love Luna bars; and 2) the lemon flavor is one of my favorites.

I swear, Penny must be psychic, because I had just been reading about the E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder and was planning to buy myself some to try it out. Of course, what's great powder without a new brush to try it with?! Then, the false eyelashes! I had just said to my mom a few days prior to my box arriving that I really wanted to try false eyelashes to see if I could master them and how they would look on me. I'm so excited to them out!

If you know me at all, you know how addicted I am to nail polish. Penny did a great job with this shade because it's not one I already have in my collection, and, get this: she bought it for me because I listed that I am a hockey fan and it's name is Pucker Up. PUCK-er Up. How cute is she?! Of course, you can never have too many nail files on hand, so an extra one is very much appreciated.

Further proof that Penny is psychic: She sent me Tide stain erasers. How did she know that I ALWAYS manage to spill food on my boobs/down my shirt. These will be a godsend when I've made a mess of myself in public.

I love everything that Penny sent me, but the last two things are definitely my favorite. I'm a huge sports fan, but hockey is definitely my favorite. I will watch any level and any team; I can't get enough.

I have never seen Teeny Mates before, but now I'm going to start collecting them, because they are so darn cute. I'm waiting until Christmas to open mine, just for the fun of it. I can't wait to see who I got!

As it turns out, Penny is also a hockey fan. Thank you, Kym, for pairing us up! Her favorite team is the San Jose Sharks, so she sent me one of their holiday pucks. I actually went to a game at The Shark Tank (HP Pavillion) back in 2012, so I may have seen Penny and not even known it.

I am most excited about this gift because I actually have a puck collection! The majority of them are autographed by current NHLers whom I've met before/after games and practices, but I also have some from the NHL and AHL arenas I've visited, special hockey games I've attended, etc. I am so excited to add this special one to my collection.

Thank you, Penny, for sending me such thoughtful gifts; I was thrilled to pieces when I opened my box. I hope your Secret Santa was as good to you as you were to me! If you're reading this, please leave a comment because I don't have any contact information for you, besides your address!

I had the pleasure of shopping for the lovely Sara over at Pearls & Curls. Go show her some love!

This was so awesome, Kym! I hope we do it again next year. Thank you. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment