Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Have You Seen My Christmas Spirit?





Ever since I worked in retail, I have a very difficult time getting into the Christmas spirit, and it makes me really sad, because I love Christmas. There are only 22 days left until Christmas, and I don't feel any merrier than I did yesterday. I even did quite a bit of Christmas shopping over the weekend, and still nothing.

During the almost five years I worked in retail, the holidays became associated with long hours, exhaustion, rude customers, and last-minute shopping. I felt like I was making everyone else's Christmas wishes come true while mine and my family's were put on the back burner. Don't get me wrong, I really loved the adrenaline rush of working during the holidays, but it really took the true meaning of Christmas out of the holiday season for me. Instead of the days leading up to Christmas being spent by wrapping gifts, watching Christmas movies, baking cookies, and going to church, I was spending nearly 40 hours a week (on top of my full-time job) selling as much merchandise as I could.

This is my second year away from the grind of retail during the holidays, and I still don't know how to get into the holiday spirit. I love Christmas music, so I've tried that, but even that hasn't worked. I tried making mint hot chocolate and watching The Holiday on Sunday evening, and that didn't work either.



Hopefully you can help me get into the Christmas spirit. I love sending mail, so, why don't I send you a Christmas card? Click here, give me your address (don't shy away if you're not in the U.S.; I have international forever stamps!), and expect some fun mail from yours truly before Christmas!

I've made my Christmas wish list (emphasis on wish), so you'll get to see what my little heart desires later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment