Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness

Can you believe it's November already?! I cannot. Why, when you're little, does time seem to c r e e p by, but when you're adult, you blink, and a year has come and gone?

If we're being honest, it really scares me how quickly time goes. I don't want to be someone who just goes through the motions and lets days, weeks, and months go by without being present and doing meaningful things. Sometimes Friday rolls around and I can't tell you one distinct thing about my week. I certainly don't want to waste my days not being thankful and appreciative of little things.

In an effort to blog more and be appreciative of even the littlest things, I'm going to write every day this month about at least one thing that I am thankful for.

DAY ONE

The View From the Veteran's Bridge

Pittsburgh is known to have a beautiful skyline, and the most popular seems to be the view from Mount Washington or the one coming out of the Fort Pitt Tunnel. While I completely agree that both are breathtaking, my favorite is the view you get while crossing the Veteran's Bridge, especially in the early morning hours.

I tend to arrive at work between 7 and 7:30, so lately, the sun is just starting to come up. The buildings are lit up as if it were nighttime, but, the vibrant colors of sunrise are beginning to dance along the horizon. The colors from the buildings are reflected on the Allegheny River. Coming across the bridge, the buildings look so beautiful against the sky, and it seems like you're so close to them, you could just reach out and touch them. It's such a stunning sight.

Even on my grumpiest mornings, I am so thankful to work in (and live near) such a beautiful city that I love so much. Even though I have to fight traffic most days, I truly enjoy working downtown.

I couldn't find a view from the Veteran's Bridge, so the next time I'm stuck in traffic, I'll take one and share it.



Weekend posts may be delayed, depending on what I have going on, but, I promise, you'll get 30 posts on what I'm thankful for.

What are you thankful for today?


1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through Kalyn over at Geez Lousie, and I am so thrilled to find another Pittsburgh blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete