Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Who I Am

I haven't blogged in awhile. Not because I haven't had anything to say (I always have something to say), but because I haven't actively sat down and organized my thoughts. I commute almost two hours total each day, so I have plenty of time to come up with blog posts, I just never write them out.

Kym over at Travel Babbles has once again inspired me to post my thoughts. If you're not already reading her blog, start now. Her posts feel like sitting down with a girlfriend over coffee and shooting the breeze. She's so honest, relatable, and just downright adorable.

I am weird because...
  • I eat the the tops of cupcakes and muffins first. The top is my favorite part, so I save it for last.
  • I always put cake/cupcakes in the refrigerator because I prefer cold cake over room temperature.
  • I cannot nap unless the tv is on, but I can't go to sleep at night unless it's off.
  • I have next to zero patience, but love to golf.
  • Working in silence drives me crazy. I have to have some kind of music on or I can't get anything done. Was the same way in college and grad school while studying.
  • I sleep with a fan on year-round. I will put on extra blankets in the winter before I will turn the fan off.
  • I usually quit on a new show because I don't like it, then I go back a second time and fall in love with it.
  • I am an extreme morning person. Regardless of how early I wake up, I am annoyingly chipper.
  • I do my best thinking in the shower or while swimming laps at the gym.
  • The smell of Play-Doh and an indoor pool are two of my favorite smells.
  • I prefer male to female pets and I have no idea why.



I am a bad friend because...
  • In my head, I can sometimes be quick to judge.
  • The littlest things can make me irrationally angry
  • I will sometimes ignore you if you've made me angry, rather than address it and move on.
  • I almost never want to talk on the phone. I would much rather text, even if the conversation lasts for hours that way.
  • In my head, I can be really unsympathetic. Sometimes I just want to say, "You really need to get over yourself," but I never do.
  • I sometimes expect more from people than they are able to deliver.

I am a good friend because...
  • I will help you hide the body without asking any unnecessary questions.
  • I am a really good listener.
  • I don't give advice unless you ask me for it.
  • I am fiercely loyal and protective.
  • I love picking out thoughtful gifts and cards.
  • I love "just because" presents.
  • I will be your biggest cheerleader.
  • You can always vent and/or cry to me.
  • I will always let you know how much I love and appreciate you.




I am sad because...
  • I miss my dad every single day. 2014 will be 20 years since he died and I can't believe it's been so long.
  • I have been in love with the same guy for more than 10 years and it just hurts now. I do my best to keep him in the back of my mind, but I'm not always successful. I know I'll be able to move on someday, just not right now.
  • I feel like I haven't done enough with my education and career. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever feel like I'm successful.
  • I feel as though time is flying and I don't know how to slow it down.
  • I have a dream of running for public office and have no idea how to make it happen.


I am happy because...

  • I know my family supports me 100% in whatever I do.
  • My nieces and nephews.
  • I never thought in a million years I'd end up with such amazing friends.
  • I have people in my life, outside of my family, who I know are there for me no matter what.
  • The important people in my life share my passions.
  • My faith is strong.
  • I am learning just how amazing music on vinyl sounds
  • My favorite seasons, fall and winter, will be here soon.
  • I have people to share my nerdy side with.
  • I have friends that keep me feeling young.
  • Pets love you unconditionally.
  • My bosses tell me how much I am appreciated.
  • Every day I learn to stand up for myself and not accept anything less than I deserve
  • I continue to get better at talking about my feelings.


I am excited for...
  • Homeland and Downtown Abbey to return.
  • College football to start.
  • Hockey season to start.
  • A 2013/14 reunion with my college friends.
  • 2013-14 hockey road trips.
  • An apartment.
  • The 2014 Winter Classic.
  • The opportunity to plan weddings.
  • The future and all the shenanigans it will bring.




This was very cathartic. Thank you for inspiring me yet again, Kym.

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet. Thanks for your kind words, Kylie!

    Haha I am pretty much as weird as you, except I can't get into golf, I am NOT a morning person, and yuck to playdoh.

    LOOOOOL, I was totally going to put that I'd hide a dead body, but I didn't want the FBI knocking at my door ;)

    ReplyDelete