Kym over at Travel Babbles has once again inspired me to post my thoughts. If you're not already reading her blog, start now. Her posts feel like sitting down with a girlfriend over coffee and shooting the breeze. She's so honest, relatable, and just downright adorable.
I am weird because...
- I eat the the tops of cupcakes and muffins first. The top is my favorite part, so I save it for last.
- I always put cake/cupcakes in the refrigerator because I prefer cold cake over room temperature.
- I cannot nap unless the tv is on, but I can't go to sleep at night unless it's off.
- I have next to zero patience, but love to golf.
- Working in silence drives me crazy. I have to have some kind of music on or I can't get anything done. Was the same way in college and grad school while studying.
- I sleep with a fan on year-round. I will put on extra blankets in the winter before I will turn the fan off.
- I usually quit on a new show because I don't like it, then I go back a second time and fall in love with it.
- I am an extreme morning person. Regardless of how early I wake up, I am annoyingly chipper.
- I do my best thinking in the shower or while swimming laps at the gym.
- The smell of Play-Doh and an indoor pool are two of my favorite smells.
- I prefer male to female pets and I have no idea why.
I am a bad friend because...
- In my head, I can sometimes be quick to judge.
- The littlest things can make me irrationally angry
- I will sometimes ignore you if you've made me angry, rather than address it and move on.
- I almost never want to talk on the phone. I would much rather text, even if the conversation lasts for hours that way.
- In my head, I can be really unsympathetic. Sometimes I just want to say, "You really need to get over yourself," but I never do.
- I sometimes expect more from people than they are able to deliver.
- I will help you hide the body without asking any unnecessary questions.
- I am a really good listener.
- I don't give advice unless you ask me for it.
- I am fiercely loyal and protective.
- I love picking out thoughtful gifts and cards.
- I love "just because" presents.
- I will be your biggest cheerleader.
- You can always vent and/or cry to me.
- I will always let you know how much I love and appreciate you.
I am sad because...
- I miss my dad every single day. 2014 will be 20 years since he died and I can't believe it's been so long.
- I have been in love with the same guy for more than 10 years and it just hurts now. I do my best to keep him in the back of my mind, but I'm not always successful. I know I'll be able to move on someday, just not right now.
- I feel like I haven't done enough with my education and career. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever feel like I'm successful.
- I feel as though time is flying and I don't know how to slow it down.
- I have a dream of running for public office and have no idea how to make it happen.
I am happy because...
- I know my family supports me 100% in whatever I do.
- My nieces and nephews.
- I never thought in a million years I'd end up with such amazing friends.
- I have people in my life, outside of my family, who I know are there for me no matter what.
- The important people in my life share my passions.
- My faith is strong.
- I am learning just how amazing music on vinyl sounds
- My favorite seasons, fall and winter, will be here soon.
- I have people to share my nerdy side with.
- I have friends that keep me feeling young.
- Pets love you unconditionally.
- My bosses tell me how much I am appreciated.
- Every day I learn to stand up for myself and not accept anything less than I deserve
- I continue to get better at talking about my feelings.
I am excited for...
- Homeland and Downtown Abbey to return.
- College football to start.
- Hockey season to start.
- A 2013/14 reunion with my college friends.
- 2013-14 hockey road trips.
- An apartment.
- The 2014 Winter Classic.
- The opportunity to plan weddings.
- The future and all the shenanigans it will bring.